BMW of Barrington Service Loaner Policy
At BMW of Barrington, we value our customers’ satisfaction and strive to provide exceptional service. As part of our commitment to customer convenience, we offer loaner vehicles to customers who have purchased their vehicle through BMW of Barrington. Please review the following policies regarding our loaner vehicles:
Loaner Vehicle Availability:
- Please note that we require advanced scheduling of a service appointment to reserve a loaner vehicle. We are unable to provide loaner vehicles on the same day or next day without a prior appointment.
- While we make every effort to accommodate our clients, we cannot guarantee a specific loaner vehicle model on any given day.
- Loaners are held for 30 minutes after the scheduled appointment time. After the 30-minute window, the loaner will be put back into the fleet for the next customer and the loaner appointment will need to be rescheduled.
- Loaner vehicles are available for service or repairs that require a duration of 3 hours or more.
- Loaner vehicles are not provided for sublet work such as rim repairs, scratch/dent work, window tint, bodywork, or details.
- Loaner vehicles are not provided for Perma-Plate installation
- The driver of the loaner vehicle must be at least 21 years of age.
- Valid driver’s license, insurance card, and credit card must be presented at the time of the appointment to receive a loaner vehicle.
- The loaner vehicle may only be driven by the drivers listed on the user agreement.
- Loaner vehicles are limited to a maximum of 100 miles per day and should not be taken out of the state.
- The loaner vehicle must be returned on the same day the service is completed or before 8 AM the following day.
- Loaner vehicles provided on Saturdays must be returned by the end of the day on Saturday.
Fuel Usage, Daily Mileage, and Responsible Speed Agreement
At BMW of Barrington, we provide Loaner vehicles to our valued guests for their convenience. To ensure a fair and transparent process, we have implemented certain policies and agreements regarding fuel usage, daily mileage, and responsible speed. Please read the following terms and conditions:
Vehicle Monitoring System:
- Our Loaner vehicles are equipped with a Vehicle Systems Monitoring Transmitter.
- This device records and transmits vehicle information, including fuel levels before and after usage, distance traveled, and instances of exceeding legal speed limits during the possession of our guests.
- The monitoring system allows us to accurately determine the fuel consumption during the loaner period.
- If fuel has not been replenished to the initial level, guests will be responsible for the fuel cost.
- Payment for any fuel shortage will be billed and required to be paid upon the return of the guest’s vehicle.
- The fuel charge will be calculated at a rate of $10.00 per US gallon.
Daily Mileage Limit:
- We request that guests do not exceed 100 miles per day while utilizing our Loaner vehicles.
- Exceeding the daily mileage limit may result in additional charges or limitations on future loaner vehicle privileges.
- Guests are to adhere to all applicable legal speed limits while operating the loaner vehicle.
- Any instances of exceeding acceptable speed limits will be recorded by the vehicle monitoring system.
- Continuous disregard for responsible speed practices will result in the loss of loaner vehicle privileges.
Late Return Fee:
- For Courtesy Vehicles provided to guests, a late fee of $100 will be applied if the vehicle is not returned within 24 hours of the initial vehicle completion call.
No Smoking & No Pets Policy
To maintain a clean and comfortable environment for all our guests, BMW of Barrington strictly enforces a No Smoking and No Pets policy in our loaner vehicles. Please carefully read and adhere to the following guidelines:
- Smoking, including the use of electronic cigarettes or vaping devices, is strictly prohibited in our loaner vehicles.
- Violation of this policy will result in a restoration fee of $125.00 to cover the cost of cleaning and restoring the vehicle’s interior to its original condition.
- Pets, are not allowed in our loaner vehicles.
- We ask that you make alternate arrangements for your pets while your vehicle is being serviced.
Damage and Liability:
- While in possession of a Loaner vehicle, you are fully responsible for any damage or injury that occurs.
- Please exercise caution and treat the vehicle with care to avoid any unnecessary damage.
Traffic, I-Pass, and Parking Violations:
- Any fines incurred for traffic violations, I-Pass violations, or parking violations while in possession of our loaner vehicle are your responsibility.
- You will be responsible for paying all fines and penalties associated with such violations.